I woke up to the beat of marathon finish line music this morning. I was at once relieved not to be mid-26 miles, but also pained by a twinge of jealousy that my morning won’t culminate with a mylar blanket. I mean, is there any better feeling in the world than being wrapped up in that sheet of foil? Which reminds me that I need to sign up for a race. In the meantime, it’s a quiet morning of coffee and clementines here. In a bit, I’ll wander down to the course and cheer on the runners. I’ve been the recipient of so many well wishes during race miles that it only seems right to pass on the same to this morning’s runners. Freely you have received, freely give. Those are this morning’s words.
In case you are looking for a little reading with your morning cup of coffee:
– “The best free, 10 minute online workouts“.
– Avocado hollandaise over a poached egg sounds like the perfect post-run breakfast.
– Zoolander at Valentino.
– Thoughts on writing and on “the middle.”
– How to eat like a local in Vietnam.
– Man Repeller’s rules on binge watching tv shows.
– And on that note, this weekend I plan on binge watching Tina Fey’s new Netflix sitcom.
And, in case you missed it here: